Key account strategy
Key account strategy
Prioritise your organisational resources to focus on the best opportunities
Quotes from participants
“I really feel we are making good progress & looking forward to the continued advancements we are making as a team. Thank you so much for what you are doing to make us stand out from the crowd – means a lot.”
David Clibborn, Volvo Trucks head of fleet
What is it?
Effective key account management involves so much than just training senior reps. What actually is a key account? Does everyone agree on the definition? Should they all be treated equally? If not, how to prioritise scarce resources? And then, what skills do key account managers really need?
Every organisation is unique, and therefore every key account programme will be different. We can help you with a mix of
- Key account definition
- Categorisation and prioritisation of your key account portfolio
- Organisational alignment behind key account strategy
- Development and deployment of sustainable key account planning
- Custom training for key account managers
Drawing on the Selling Interactions sales best practices database, you can be sure your programme will be fit for purpose, and actually deliver sustainable results.
- Organisation wide ownership of key account strategy.
- Differentiated approach according to key account specificities.
- Up-skilling of key account managers in line with the strategy.
- A high quality key account planning process aligned to your organisation.
“Of 8 differing types of KAM implemented in organisations, the biggest category used by 20%, was ‘middle management’ KAM i.e. NOT owned by senior leadership teams.”
Homburg et.al 2002
Client case history
Key account management strategy in the transport section
Client Case Study
Essentia protein solutions
International sales transformation project
The Selling Interactions Difference: Our programmes are based upon our extensive research into sales best practice. Currently, our database holds details of over 2000 research cases. At the same time, 100% of our focus is on creating pragmatic, actionable training that sales people find invaluable in securing their targets. With a twin focus on attitude/ behaviour and strategy/process, Selling Interactions programmes equip participants with the best chances of sustainable success.