Commercial excellence diagnostic
Commercial excellence diagnostic©
Analysing areas to improve your sales & marketing organisation
What is it?
The Commercial Excellence Diagnostic© is one of the most comprehensive, evidence-based tools for assessing the fitness of your sales & marketing organisation. Initially created from an MBA research project at Warwick Business School in 2009, it has been continually updated based on emerging sales best practice. The current version 11.0 is based on:
- Over 2000 research studies into sales best practice.
- Experience from 200+ international client projects.
- Input from 60 European partners.
- Analysis of competitor’s best practice.
What this means for you is a truly objective, up to date, grounded viewpoint of your sales & marketing organisation, which you can use to assess where improvements can be made. It is designed to make rapid assessments for turnaround leaders or for those in pursuit of excellence.
- 130 evidence-based growth best practices.
- Both sales & marketing functions assessed.
- Customisable questionnaire delivered on-line.
- Uses ‘observable practices’ scoring for objectivity.
- Leader’s view and sales team’s view versions available.
- Option to include partner / distribution channel assessment.
- Fully updated in 2020 to assess latest sales technology & virtual selling practices.
- Your results are presented as a dashboard of commercial excellence.
- Results for sales productivity improvement potential, strategic agility, and performance management excellence are included in your report.
Who should use it?
The commercial excellence diagnostic is primarily designed for B2B sales organisations.
- For incoming sales/marketing directors to get feedback quickly about their commercial organisation.
- For companies who want to drive more growth and don’t know how.
- For small / medium-sized business owners wanting to drive growth.
- For venture capitalists and investors who want to quickly size up a sales organisation to see how it can deliver better revenues & profits.
- For successful sales organisations who want to keep improving.
The diagnostic enables you to do a very wide ranging scan of potential areas for sales/markeing effectiveness and efficiency drives.
It is intended to give you an objective, inclusive view of the best areas to dig deeper in terms of further analysis and improvement work.
Importantly, it will enable your team to align on prioritised, intelligent sales improvement project.
The wide scope of the diagnostic means that you will not miss areas that sometimes get overlooked that can be simple effective drivers of growth.
Furthermore, by systematically working on the best practices, you can build a world class sales & marketing organisation over time.
How to use it?
- On-line survey mode: Your staff complete the survey on-line, and then we provide you with the summary report, signposting areas to investigate further and focus on.
- Health check mode: Includes the on-line surveys coupled with face to face interviews with our consultant team to go ‘behind the data’ to give you qualitative / perception analysis to act on.
- Full audit mode: We work with your internal teams to check and provide evidence for use of the 120 sales best practices. This is the most rigorous ‘evidence based’ mode.
Quotes from participants
“The benefits were the realisation what we were doing was massively inconsistent. We have been able to agree on what good looks like, at this stage, and while we are not universally applying it all the time, we have definitely improved.”
Mark Palmer, Gobeyond Partners.
“A self-assessment by 260 organisations of customer relationship management returned a poor 58%.”
Homburg, Schäfer & Schneider 2012
The sales excellence diagnostic©
Anderson Hirst talks about the latest version of our Sales Excellence Diagnostic©
Start the video now
Take the test
10 question diagnostic
Evaluate your own sales organisation against the key areas in our sales excellence diagnostic©
Start the test now
Client Case Study
Gobeyond Case History
Sales excellence diagnostic© and sales process design
Arrange a diagnostic for your sales organisation.
The Selling Interactions Difference: Our programmes are based upon our extensive research into sales best practice. Currently, our database holds details of over 2000 research cases. At the same time, 100% of our focus is on creating pragmatic, actionable training that sales people find invaluable in securing their targets. With a twin focus on attitude/ behaviour and strategy/process, Selling Interactions programmes equip participants with the best chances of sustainable success.